Tuesday, June 3, 2008

And So It Begins...

I have been trying for years to be disciplined about writing in my journal. But there it sits in an obscure drawer for safe keeping. The 12 measily pages hidden safe from snooping eyes. Seriously, it's pathetic, I have written 12 pages in over two years. I remember when I was younger I would fill page upon page of journals. I used them as an escape and as a transcript that I knew I would visit years later...I trusted that the torment I was writing about would someday be looked back on as humorous or at best, insignifigant.

Journals have indeed changed over time. They are no longer diaries filled with secrets that we hide under our beds, locked safely away with the key hidden strategically from our siblings. Today, people live out loud. Their secrets, thoughts, impressions, poetry displayed proudly on Myspace pages, on our blogs. In a somewhat desensitized society we no longer guard our inner most thoughts under lock and key but proudly type them, dress them up with fancy graphics on standard templates and display it for millions of our virtual friends to see.

So at the risk of sounding like a sell out I am also going to live my life out loud...today I created my blog for the world to stumble upon. Being from the old school though I am sure I will ease into this virtual diary---instead of writing about the boy I secretly am in love with in my math class I may start small with recipes, scrap booking ideas, random harmless thoughts and cute pictures. Baby steps....I am sure the good chisme will come in time.

No comments: