Monday, August 4, 2008

Pre Wedding Fun!


Some of the most fun I had with the whole wedding process was getting a chance to hang out with Julia, Tandi, Jaycie and Tracy. I hadn't seen Jaycie and Tracy in close to or maybe even more than 10 years so it was amazing having a chance to reconnect with good friends. On Friday night we spent the entire night drinking champagne and reminiscing about high school. We stayed at the Marriott overlooking Newport Beach so it was even cooler being able to hang out with high school friends in the town we grew up in. When we went to buy alcohol for the hotel room it was funny to think that this was the first legal purchase of alcohol that I had ever done with this group. It is so amazing to see that a group of crazy girls have grown into amazing women that I am blessed to have as a part of my life.

In high school, when Jaycie, Tracy and I would meet guys and introduce ourselves they always thought we were messing with them. If it weren't odd enough that all of our names rhymed we were inseparable in high school and it became a funny joke that our names sounded as if we were cheerleaders. If you knew these girls today, and in high school for that matter they are FAR from cheerleaders. Which is why I love them sooooo much!

I made the bouquets in the morning out of flowers that Tandi, Jaycie and Tracy scoured Orange County for the night before. I didn't have any greenery to put into the bouquets so on Saturday morning I went on a hunt at the hotel and cut them out of the trees surrounding our room. What can be better than a bouquet with a back story! We were so cautious with the bouquets and I think we were convinced that the slightest jolt to them would cause them to wilt and die and we would be left with having to carry wilted brown flowers down the aisle.

Julia looked amazing of course. The first words that the chauffeur said when she saw Julia was, "wow you have such a flat tummy" to which her sister replied, "Isn't it amazing, you can't even tell that she is 8 months pregnant."

No comments: