Monday, November 17, 2008

Dreams

I have freaky dreams. They are always vivid and sometimes leave me feeling foggy and unsorted when I wake up. Last week I had a dream that there was a twig growing out of the center of my head. When I called to ask my mom if she remembered me getting hurt when I was little, or something that would account for a twig growing out of my head she replied, "oh yeah, when you were 5 you fell out of a tree, that must be what it is from." I woke up in the middle of the night and felt my scalp to see if it was indeed a dream - - obviously... it was. That same night I went back to sleep only to dream that my boyfriend's mom was Vanna White and he said she was a very private person and didn't like him to tell people about her or introduce them to her. Now I am not an expert in dream interpretation but I am sure there is some deeper meaning to these dreams beyond the fact that I am weird.

As a kid I always had terrible scary dreams. I would dream I was dying, being chased, losing my teeth, struggling to put contact lenses the size of plates into my eyes. All strange dreams and all very vivid. Recently I have dreams about spiders, swimming in a lake with alligators and the always popular trying to run but unable to stand up. I have now found a website that is dedicated to the interpretation of dreams and will help me to decipher what my subconscious is trying to tell me...beyond that I need a much less active imagination.

http://www.brilliantdreams.com/dream-dictionary/dream-dictionary-c.htm

No comments: