Thursday, October 2, 2008

One of My Favorite People

One of my favorite people in the world is my brother. Although we spent much of our childhood trying to murderize one another we have grown very close as adults. Childhood with my brother was constant bickering, incessant teasing and heated fights involving him chasing me to my room to do nothing short of killing me. Growing up all my friends had crushes on my brother he however was more interested in staying in his room to play video games. During one of my birthday sleepovers, with about 12 of my closest friends, I realized that throughout the night one by one each of the girls were disappearing. When I went to investigate where everyone was going I went into my brothers room, only to find him on the bed playing his video game, surrounded by 10 girls that he wanted nothing more than to get the hell out of his room.

My brother was not what you would call "protective" growing up. Guys could call me names, spread rumors about me and I could be in fights without any hope of having him to back me up. But as we have gotten older he has made up for lost time and I can depend on him to be somewhat overprotective when I am in the company of douchebags...and I know he is always there for me if and when I need him.


I was once told that it is important to be close to your siblings because they are the only one in life who knows exactly what you have been through and who shares your same story. I am glad that my story is shared with a person like him.

No comments: