Thursday, October 16, 2008

Why Today is the Saddest Day

Has this economy spared no one? First Starbucks had to close down under performing stores in order to stave off bankruptcy rumblings, then the stock market took tremendous hits. Banks started to close their doors clients ran to withdraw their money from accounts while the banks still had money in the vaults. The American dollar is declining in value every day. We live in a very scary world in very scary times. This morning my world came to another crashing hault when I learned that no one is safe in today's economy...now it is coming after our sacred childhood memories! Ladies and gentlemen brace yourselves while I break some very tragic news to you. Mother's Cookies are no more and will be closing their doors! As of this Monday the Oakland, CA-based company abruptly closed their doors and filed for bankruptcy protection, citing the rising costs of fuel and supplies as the reason. A number of people lost their jobs in the closing and the country lost an iconic cookie.
Now I have a new worry...global warming caused me to worry that my children and my children's children would never see the majesty of a polar bear in real life because of the melting polar ice caps and their decline to extinction. Now that fear had been replaced by the even more impending fear that my children will never know the deliciousness of a pink iced circus cookie bear. Oh the horror!

No comments: